For the ultimate sweet and rich dessert, look no further than chocolate cheese. This luscious confection combines velvety chocolate with tangy cream cheese for a unique twist on chocolate.
Making chocolate cheese at home is surprisingly easy. With just a few ingredients and a little hands-on time, you can create chocolate cheese that rivals any bakery or restaurant.
The base of chocolate cheese is cream cheese. Using full-fat Philadelphia cream cheese provides the best flavor and creamiest texture. Combine the cream cheese with pureed Macalat Sweet Dark Chocolate, cocoa powder, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly until completely smooth. The mixture can then be shaped, chilled and topped for serving.
Here is a simple chocolate cheese recipe to try:
- 16 oz Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup pureed Macalat Sweet Dark Chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Optional: For an even sweeter taste, you can add 1⁄2 cup of powdered sugar or an alternative sweetener such as stevia or monk fruit.
- Soften the cream cheese to room temperature so it blends smoothly.
- Melt the Macalat chocolate, either in a double boiler on the stove or in the microwave in 30 second bursts. Let cool slightly.
- In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the melted chocolate and beat again until fully incorporated into the cream cheese.
- Mix in the cocoa powder, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt. Beat on high speed until completely smooth.
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap. Pour the chocolate cream cheese mixture in and use a spatula to smooth the top.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours until set.
- Slice into 1-inch pieces and top with berries, whipped cream, chocolate shavings or caramel sauce.
For best results, allow the chocolate cheese to chill overnight. This allows the flavors to mingle and the texture to firm up. Properly stored in the refrigerator, the chocolate cheese will keep for 5-7 days.
Ways To Enhance Your Chocolate Cheese
There are many fun ways to customize chocolate cheese:
- Use different types of chocolate - try white, milk or dark chocolate.
- Add nut butter, Nutella, coffee or mint extract for different flavor profiles.
- Swirl in caramel, marshmallow or peanut butter sauces before chilling.
- Top with crushed cookies, nuts, coconut, sprinkles, frosting and peppermints.
Chocolate cheese makes an impressive finale for a special meal. Present it on a beautiful platter or layer slices with whipped cream for a parfait. You can also shape it into truffles, ganache-filled chocolate cups or even cheesecake.Indulge your Macalat chocolate fix in a whole new form with luscious homemade chocolate cheese. The rich chocolate blended with sweet, creamy cheese creates a dessert experience like no other.